Here is how the data is entered into the site and where it comes from.
- All data for this site comes from the Australian Ice Hockey League (AIHL) web site exclusively.
- All data for this site covers regular season games ONLY. No play-offs, finals, pre-season games or exhibition games are included in the data set.
- All games from the 2012 season onwards include all information as recorded on the applicable game sheets.
- All games prior to the 2012 season are recorded as the result, the date and the venue.
- Player statistics from the 2012 season onwards are recorded as they are recorded on the applicable game sheets.
- Player statistics prior to the 2012 season are captured as yearly summaries for all players who participated in the 2015 AIHL season.
- All games prior to the 2005 season are not entered into the database, due to incomplete AIHL records.
- Games nominated as “double points” games are only counted once – the actual game played.
- Forfeited games are included in the results statistics, but not towards individual player statistics.
- The data set will be updated as soon as possible after the conclusion of the games. This is reliant on the AIHL publishing game sheets for all games played. The “Last Game Date in Database” information shown on the login screen will change based on the latest game updated in the database.
- The site is reliant on data from the AIHL, so the first game of the season will not show correct players for the first game of the season (ie new imports, team changes etc). It is recommended you copy and paste the data from the site and manually manipulate the data to show team line-up changes. Once the first game has been played and entered into the database (as per the aforementioned mechanisms), the rosters will automatically show correct rosters.